“Bible teaching about the Second Coming of Christ was thought of as “doomsday” preaching.
But not anymore.
It is the only ray of hope that shines as an ever brightening beam in a darkening world.”
― Billy Graham, Billy Graham in Quotes
We hope you can join in worship for Holy Eucharist, BAS format, at 10:30 am this Sunday.
If you feel unwell or are uncomfortable coming to church, please request the Zoom option by calling a warden. For the months of July and August, Zoom coverage will be available as requested.
Please remember in your prayers:
– the clergy and parishioners of our Diocese over the summer months – for safe travels, and refreshment and rest;
– those who are sick, suffering, fearful or in need, remembering those suffering from COVID-19 and their caregivers, those feeling isolated and those who are vulnerable;
– for peace within our country, and in the world, remembering the country of Ukraine, areas of unrest and riots, and asking for wise discernment in our leaders;
– those who have died and those who mourn;
– the victims of violence and natural disasters;
– our Indigenous brothers and sisters, especially remembering their hurt and grief at this time;
– refugees, remembering those fleeing the Taliban regime, and those fleeing war in the Ukraine.
– those who are persecuted and oppressed for their faith in Jesus Christ
Prayer- Why? and How?
A workshop on Prayer
Led by the Rev Martyn Alvey
Saturday, Sept 17th from 10 am to 3:30 pm
at St Benedict’s Anglican Church
Coffee Hour: There is a signup sheet in the Hall to help out after service.
Parish Council Meeting: Next scheduled for Tuesday September 13th, 7 pm.
Prayer workshop: Mark your calendars- September 17th. Check the church notice board for more information!
Prayer Chain requests are welcome, and updates are appreciated and of great encouragement. Contact Elaine at [email protected]
Finances– Our Church expenses do continue over the summer months, even when you are away! Please consider continuing your offerings over this time. Treasurer John Reid can help to arrange automatic withdrawals. E-transfer is also available via [email protected]
Accommodation: Noah Wahrlstrom and his fiancé Naomi of an Evangelical Mission in SK are still looking for a house or apartment rental in High River, for 6 months- I year from September. If you can help or need more details, his number is 306 960 4970.
Calgary School of Discipleship
Is offering a fall course:
Tuesdays Sept 6- Nov 8, 2022 4-5 pm via ZOOM
The Interpretation of Scriptures for Lay Ministry and Licensing
Lead by the Rev. Oz Lorentzen
For more info or to sign up contact Barbara LaBreque
Rev Haydn will have office hours at the church on Wednesday and Friday from approximately 9:30 AM to 2:30 PM. Helen is in the office from 10-12 on Wednesdays.
Rector: 403 999 4181 [email protected]
Website: stbenshr.church Check out “From the Prayer Chair” musings by Rev Haydn
Please contact the Wardens with any concerns and good news!
Rector’s Warden: Liz Sutherland: 403 601 6952 C
People’s warden: Pat Reid: 403 652 2021
Church office: 403-652-2271 Email: [email protected]
Offerings by e-transfer via [email protected]
“Are you ready for the rapture of the church?
Are you ready for Heaven?
Our Lord Jesus Christ now wants all Christians to get into a sense of urgency in our preparation for His second coming.”
― Doris Ijeoma Basil, A Sense of Urgency