“Devote yourselves to prayer, keeping alert with an attitude of thanksgiving.”
“Rejoice always; pray without ceasing: in everything give thanks, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
We hope you can join in worship for Holy Eucharist, BAS format, at 10:30 am this Sunday. If you feel unwell or are uncomfortable coming to church, please request the Zoom option by calling a warden. Zoom coverage will be available as requested.
Please remember in your prayers:
– the clergy and parishioners of our Diocese
– those who are sick, suffering, fearful or in need, and their caregivers, those feeling isolated and those who are vulnerable;
– for peace within our country, and in the world, remembering the country of Ukraine, areas of unrest and riots, and asking for wise discernment in our leaders;
– those who have died and those who mourn;
– the victims of violence and natural disasters;
– our Indigenous brothers and sisters, especially remembering their hurt and grief at this time; and hoping we can develop communication and fellowship between us.
– refugees, remembering those fleeing the Taliban regime, and those fleeing war in the Ukraine.
– those who are persecuted and oppressed for their faith in Jesus Christ
Why? and How?
A Workshop on Prayer
With the Rev Martyn Alvey
Saturday, Sept 17th from 10 am to 3:30 pm
At St Benedict’s Church
A Memorial Service for the Late Queen Elizabeth: is being held on Wednesday September 21 at 6:30 PM at the Cathedral Church of the Redeemer, at 601 1st Street SE in Calgary.
Prayer workshop: This Saturday September 17th is the Workshop on Prayer here at the church, (10 am opening worship). Bring a bag lunch. Free will offering.
Music practice: Friday 7 pm for anyone who wants to become familiar with the music that will be used during the workshop.
Coffee Hour: There is a signup sheet in the Hall if you are able to help out after service. Donations of cookies and/or other items are welcomed for Sundays.
Prayer and Praise: at Christ Church Millarville, Thursday 7 pm September 22nd
Potluck breakfast: is planned for Sunday October 2 at 9 AM. We hope to resume these on the first Sunday of the month. Come enjoy some fellowship and a good breakfast before service! Next dates would be November 6 and December 4!
Prayer Chain: confidential requests are welcome. Updates are appreciated and are of great encouragement. Contact Elaine at [email protected]
Parish Council Meeting: Next scheduled for Tuesday October 11 at 7 pm.
Cursillo Weekends: coming up this fall. Dates to follow! Ask Rev Haydn about this!
Website: stbenshr.church Check out “From the Prayer Chair” musings by Rev Haydn
Rev Haydn will have office hours this coming week on Wednesday and Friday from approximately 9:30 AM to 2:30 PM. Helen is in the office from 10-12 on Wednesdays.
Please contact the Wardens with any concerns and good news!
Rector: 403 999 4181. [email protected]
Rector’s Warden: Liz Sutherland: 403 601 6952 C
People’s warden: Pat Reid: 403 652 2021
Church office: 403-652-2271 Email: [email protected]
Offerings by e-transfer via [email protected]