God closed the lions’ mouths for Daniel, parted the Red Sea for Moses,
made the sun stand still for Joshua, opened the prison for Peter,
gave Sarah a baby, and raised Lazarus from the dead …
Nothing you will face today is beyond His control.
You are invited to join us this Sunday at 10:30. If you are away, or unwell, please join by Zoom.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 580 558 8254 Passcode: Fellowship
Please remember in your prayers:
– This Sunday’s service; that the Holy Spirit will inspire our worship and bless us through God’s Word:
– The Prayer of Jabez: Jabez called upon the God of Israel, saying, “Oh that you would bless me indeed and enlarge my territory, that your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil so that I may not cause pain!” And God granted what he requested. (I Chron. 4:10)
– Our congregation of St. Benedict’s; that we may stand mature and fully assured in all the will of God. (c.f. Colossians 4:12):
– The Diocesan Synod to be held in Okotoks, October 13, 14
– Those who are sick, suffering, fearful, or in need, and their caregivers, doctors, and nurses:
– For peace within our country, and in the world, remembering the Ukraine, the Middle East and tensions in the Far East; we pray for areas of unrest and riots, asking for wise discernment in our leaders:
– Give thanks for those who have died in the peace of Christ and pray for those who mourn:
– For the poor, the homeless, the disabled, and the needy in our communities, and those who help them:
– For the victims of violence and natural disasters, and those working to bring relief, such as firefighters and first responders:
– Refugees, remembering those fleeing wars, oppressive regimes and natural disasters:
– Our Indigenous brothers and sisters, and their leaders in our diocese and country.
Pray for the Prayer Chain: The Prayer Chain is taking on greater responsibility in praying for God’s guidance and Spiritual protection for us all. Confidential requests are welcome, updates are appreciated and are of great encouragement. Contact Llizabet at [email protected]
Thank you to everyone who helped in the service last Sunday when Archbishop Greg was here and thank you to everyone for the delicious food for our potluck.
Coffee hour: Please sign up to help with coffee hour. Donations of muffins and cookies are welcome!
September 15th – Cursillo Ultreya at St Benedicts at 7 pm. All Welcome!
September 17th – Prayer Chain- short meeting after the morning service.
September 21st – 7 pm Parish Council meeting- note this is a change of date!!
September 28th – Prayer and Praise, at St. George’s Turner Valley. 7 pm
September 29th – Music practice for workshop and singalong at 7 pm. – all welcome
September 30th -Healing and Wholeness Workshop – 9:30 to 3:30 at St Benedict’s. Please register with the office.
Plan ahead: Fall 2023
October 1st – Potluck Breakfast- 9:15 am
October 5th– Worship Committee 7pm
October 8th– Thanksgiving Sunday
October 13th, 14th – The Diocesan Synod in Okotoks- please uphold their deliberations in your prayers.
Men’s Cursillo– October 26-29th; Women’s Cursillo– November 2nd-5th
Rev Haydn will be in the office on Wednesday and Friday from about 9:30 am to 2 pm.
Check out “From the Prayer Chair” by Rev. Haydn
Church office: 403 652 2271
Please contact the Wardens with any concerns and good news!
Rector: 403 999 4181. [email protected]
Rector’s Warden: Liz Sutherland: 403 601 6952 C
People’s Warden: Pat Reid: 403 652 2021
Donations by etransfer via [email protected]
The Diocese of Calgary is aware of a situation in need of urgent help.
The Rev. Daniel Joseph is really struggling to find a rental for himself and his wife. She is suffering from stage 4 cancer and the need is for a main level location with few stairs and for it to be within 5-10 minutes of an Emergency Department.
- He has already moved twice since being here.
- He is currently living in a visiting room (one room and bathroom) in one of our clergy’s condos. That only lasts until end of September.
If you know someone who knows someone, this situation is critical. Rental needed Oct. 1st.
Contact Pilar Gateman, Executive Archdeacon at 587-320-1342