“When you are not followed by anyone, you are free to go to anywhere, even to hell! But if you are followed by others, you lose your right to be free to go anywhere because now you are a shepherd and a shepherd who has a flock can never be free!” Mehmet Murat ildan
We hope you can join in worship for Holy Eucharist, BAS format, at 10:30 am this Sunday. If you feel unwell or are uncomfortable coming to church, please request the Zoom option by calling a warden. Zoom coverage will be available as requested.
Please remember in your prayers:
– the clergy and parishioners of our Diocese
– those who are sick, suffering, fearful or in need, and their caregivers, those feeling isolated and those who are vulnerable;
– for peace within our country, and in the world, remembering the country of Ukraine, areas of unrest and riots, and asking for wise discernment in our leaders;
– those who have died and those who mourn;
– the victims of violence and natural disasters;
– our Indigenous brothers and sisters, especially remembering their hurt and grief at this time; and hoping we can develop communication and fellowship between us.
– refugees, remembering those fleeing the Taliban regime, and those fleeing war in the Ukraine.
– those who are persecuted and oppressed for their faith in Jesus Christ
Why? and How?
A Workshop on Prayer
Led by the Rev Martyn Alvey
Saturday, Sept 17th from 10 am to 3:30 pm
At St Benedict’s Church
Ron Ellard is asking for index card sized written contributions to be put in a time capsule in the new cross that will go above the church porch. As soon as possible please – this Sunday would be good!
We welcome Rev. Sean Devlin back to St. Benedict’s this Sunday as our guest preacher. Please join us for a potluck lunch afterwards.
Coffee Hour: There is a signup sheet in the Hall if you are able to help out after service. We welcome cookies and/or other items for the freezer for Sundays.
Prayer workshop: on Saturday September 17th St Benedict’s is hosting the Workshop on Prayer here at the church and we would love you to come! (10 am opening worship). Bring a bag lunch. Free will offering. Set up screen and equipment: Thursday 1:30pm. Music practice: Friday 7 pm for anyone who wants to become familiar with the music that will be used during the workshop.
Custodial Position: If you know of anyone interested in taking on the part-time work, please contact Liz or Pat.
Prayer and Praise: at Christ Church Millarville, Thursday 7 pm September 22nd
Prayer Chain: confidential requests are welcome, and updates are appreciated and are of great encouragement. Contact Elaine at [email protected]
Accommodation: Noah Wahrlstrom and his fiancé Naomi are still looking for a house or apartment rental in High River, for 6 months- I year from September. If you can help or need more details, his number is 306 960 4970.
Parish Council Meeting: Tuesday September 13th at 7 pm.
Calgary School of Discipleship
Is offering a fall course:
Tuesdays Sept 6- Nov 8, 2022 4-5 pm via ZOOM
Course: The Interpretation of Scriptures for Lay Ministry and Licensing
Lead by the Rev. Oz Lorentzen
For more info or to sign up contact Barbara LaBreque
“Beauty tips- How to look younger: Don’t be born so soon.” Snoopy
Check out “From the Prayer Chair” musings by Rev Haydn
Rev Haydn will have office hours this coming week on Wednesday and Friday from approximately 9:30 AM to 2:30 PM. Helen is in the office from 10-12 on Wednesdays.
Please contact the Wardens with any concerns and good news!
Rector: 403 999 4181. [email protected]
Rector’s Warden: Liz Sutherland: 403 601 6952 C
People’s warden: Pat Reid: 403 652 2021
Church office: 403-652-2271 Email: [email protected]
Offerings by e-transfer via [email protected]