“Christian discipleship is a decision to walk in his ways,
steadily and firmly, and then finding that the way integrates all our interests, passions, and gifts, our human needs and eternal aspirations.
It is the way of life we were created for.”
Eugene H. Peterson
We welcome Archbishop Greg Kerr-Wilson to St. Benedict’s this Sunday at 10:30 am. Please join us, and stay for a Potluck lunch after the service. If you are away, or unwell, please join by Zoom.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 580 558 8254 Passcode: Fellowship
Please remember in your prayers:
– This Sunday’s service; that the Holy Spirit will inspire our worship and bless us through God’s Word:
– The Prayer of Jabez: Jabez called upon the God of Israel, saying, “Oh that you would bless me indeed and enlarge my territory, that your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil so that I may not cause pain!” And God granted what he requested. (I Chron. 4:10)
– For peace within our country, and in the world, remembering the Ukraine, the Middle East and tensions in the Far East; we pray for areas of unrest and riots, asking for wise discernment in our leaders:
– Give thanks for those who have died in the peace of Christ and pray for those who mourn:
– For the poor, the homeless, the disabled, and the needy in our communities, and those who help them:
– Those who are sick, suffering, fearful, or in need, and their caregivers, doctors, and nurses:
– For the victims of violence and natural disasters, particularly remembering those displaced because of wildfires, and those working to bring relief, such as firefighters and first responders:
– Refugees, remembering those fleeing wars, oppressive regimes and natural disasters:
– Our Indigenous brothers and sisters, and their leaders in our diocese and country.
– Our congregation of St. Benedict’s; that we may stand mature and fully assured in all the will of God. (c.f. Colossians 4:12):
Pray for the Prayer Chain: The Prayer Chain is taking on greater responsibility in praying for God’s guidance and Spiritual protection for us all. Confidential requests are welcome, updates are appreciated and are of great encouragement. Contact Llizabet at [email protected]
Coffee hour: Please sign up to help with coffee hour. Donations of muffins and cookies are welcome!
September 15th – Cursillo Ultreya at St Benedict’s 7:00 pm – all welcome!
September 17th– A brief after service meeting of the Prayer Chain.
September 21st – 7 pm Parish Council meeting- note this is a change of date!!
September 29th – Music practice for the workshop- and singalong at 7 pm.
September 30th – Healing and Wholeness Workshop – 9:30 am – 3:30 pm at St Benedict’s. Please register with the office.
Plan ahead: Fall 2023
October 1– Potluck Breakfast- 9:15 am
Men’s Cursillo– October 26-29th; Women’s Cursillo– November 2nd-5th
Rev Haydn will be in the office on Wednesday and Friday from about 9:30 am to 2 pm.
Check out “From the Prayer Chair” by Rev. Haydn
Church office: 403 652 2271
Please contact the Wardens with any concerns and good news!
Rector: 403 999 4181. [email protected]
Rector’s Warden: Liz Sutherland: 403 601 6952 C
People’s Warden: Pat Reid: 403 652 2021
Donations by etransfer via [email protected]
The Diocese of Calgary is aware of a situation in need of urgent help.
The Rev. Daniel Joseph is really struggling to find a rental for he and his wife. She is suffering from stage 4 cancer and the need is for a main level location with few stairs and for it to be within 5-10 minutes of an Emergency Department.
- He has already moved twice since being here.
- He is currently living in a visiting room (one room and bathroom) in one of our clergy’s condos. That only lasts until end of September.
If there is anyone you know who knows someone this situation is pretty critical. Rental needed Oct. 1st. If you know of anyone who may have a rental property/spare space, that would be greatly appreciated. Contact Pilar Gateman, Executive Archdeacon at 587-320-1342.