You are invited to join us this Sunday at 10:30. If you are away, or unwell, please join by Zoom.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 580 558 8254 Passcode: Fellowship
Please remember in your prayers:
The Most Rev. Justin Welby, Archbishop of Canterbury;
The Most Rev. Linda Nicholls, Primate of the Anglican Church of Canada;
The Most Rev. Gregory Kerr-Wilson,
Archbishop of the Anglican Diocese of Calgary;
The Rt. Rev. Leopold Friday, Bishop of our Companion Diocese of the Windward Islands;
– This Sunday’s service; that the Holy Spirit will inspire our worship and bless us through God’s Word:
– The Prayer of Jabez: Jabez called upon the God of Israel, saying, “Oh that you would bless me indeed and enlarge my territory, that your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil so that I may not cause pain!” And God granted what he requested. (I Chron. 4:10)
– Those who are sick, suffering, fearful, or in need, and their caregivers, doctors, and nurses:
– To give thanks for those who have died in the peace of Christ, and pray for those who mourn:
– For the poor, the homeless, the disabled, and the needy in our communities, and those who help them:
– For peace within our country, and in the world, remembering particularly Ukraine, the Holy Land, and tensions in the Far East; we pray for areas of violence, unrest, and riots, asking for wise discernment in our leaders:
– For the victims of violence and natural disasters, particularly remembering those displaced, and those working to bring relief, such as firefighters and first responders:
– Refugees, remembering those fleeing wars, oppressive regimes and natural disasters:
– Our Indigenous brothers and sisters, and their leaders in our diocese and country:
– Our congregation of St. Benedict’s; that we may stand mature and fully assured in all the will of God. (c.f. Colossians 4:12).
And in the Diocesan Cycle of Prayer:
Christ Church, Nanton; The Rev. Rob Cowie
St. Aldhelm, Vulcan; The Rev. Dean Hartung, The Rev. Christopher Wall
The Diocesan Administration & Finance Committee
And in the Diocese of the Windward Islands:
St. Paul, Calliaqua with St. John, Belair on St. Vincent, The Rev. Canon Ashton Francis
Our Prayer Chain: Confidential requests are welcome, updates are appreciated and are of great encouragement. Contact Llizabet at [email protected]
Card Ministry: Diane has taken on our card ministry. If you know of a need in our parish for a card, please contact her at 403 652 5679.
Coffee Hour: Please sign up to help with coffee time after service!
The following Missional Minute was written by Dr. John Bowen, Guest Speaker at our recent Diocesan Synod. (excerpt from the Diocesan newsletter)
“Mission,” “missional,” and even “missionality” seem to be everywhere. Bishops are talking about it. Candidates for ordination are talking about it. The leader’s guide to the recent Mission Action Plan uses the word “missional” no fewer than fifty-five times! And, of course, the Diocese of Niagara has its own School of—guess what—Missional Leadership. Everyone, it seems, is trying to be missional.
One way to explain missional is to contrast it with a more familiar term, outreach. We often treat outreach and being missional as the same thing, but actually they’re not. Make no mistake about it, both are important, and many churches naturally engage in both. But I think it is fair to say that historically we have been better at outreach than at being missional.
What has changed? Fundamentally, our cultural situation has changed. It’s a familiar story and hardly needs repeating: The Church has moved from the centre of society to the margins. That means our ministry has to change.
Outreach focuses more on the building and inviting people in. Mission focuses more on going where people are and working with them there.
Outreach assumes God is at work in the Church. Mission assumes God is at work outside the Church, and seeks to work with God at work “out there.”
November 9th- Parish Council meeting at 7 pm
November 12th – Remembrance Sunday
Rev Haydn will be in the office this week on Wednesday and Friday from 9:30am to 2pm.
Church office: 403 652 2271
Please contact the Wardens with any concerns and good news!
Rector: 403 999 4181. [email protected]
Rector’s Warden: Liz Sutherland: 403 601 6952 C
People’s Warden: Pat Reid: 403 652 2021
Donations by etransfer via [email protected]