“Let gratitude be the pillow
upon which you kneel to say your nightly prayer.”
We hope you can join in worship for Holy Eucharist, BAS format, at 10:30 am on this Thanksgiving Sunday.
If you feel unwell or are uncomfortable coming to church, please request the Zoom option by calling a warden. Zoom coverage will be available as requested.
Please remember in your prayers:
– the clergy and parishioners of our Diocese
– those who are sick, suffering, fearful or in need, and their caregivers, those feeling isolated and those who are vulnerable
– for peace within our country, and in the world, remembering the country of Ukraine, areas of unrest and riots, and asking for wise discernment in our leaders
– those who mourn
– the victims of violence and natural disasters;
– our Indigenous brothers and sisters, especially remembering their hurt and grief at this time;
– refugees, remembering those fleeing the Taliban regime, and those fleeing war in the Ukraine.
– those who are persecuted and oppressed for their faith in Jesus Christ
Food Bank: As you are able, consider a donation for our local food bank at this time. There will be a bin at the door
The Reverend John Choul will be our preacher October 30th. As a young man Rev. John fled the civil war in Southern Sudan and arrived in Canada via the refugee camp system. He was recently ordained and is presently serving at St. Andrew’s in Calgary. Rev. John is a great witness of “faith in adversity”. We will have a reception afterwards so folks can chat with Rev. John.
Coffee Hour: There is a signup sheet in the Hall if you are able to help out after service. We welcome cookies and/or other items for the freezer for Sundays.
Prayer and Praise: at Christ Church Millarville, Thursday 7 pm October 27th
Potluck breakfast: Next dates will be November 6th, and December 4th,
Prayer Chain: confidential requests are welcome, and updates are appreciated and are of great encouragement. Contact Elaine at [email protected]
Parish Council Meeting: Next scheduled for Tuesday October 11 at 7 pm.
Worship committee: October 18th, 7pm. If you have any “loves”, “hates” or “favourite hymn requests”, please email the office as we prepare the agenda
Cursillo Weekends: coming up very quickly. Men’s weekend: October 27th-30th, Women’s weekend Nov. 3rd-6th. If you wish to attend or sponsor someone else please ask Ron Ellard for more details.
Check out “From the Prayer Chair” musings by Rev Haydn
Rev Haydn will have office hours this coming week on Wednesday and Friday from approximately 9:30 AM to 2:30 PM. Helen is in the office from 10-12 on Wednesdays.
Please contact the Wardens with any concerns and good news!
Rector: 403 999 4181. [email protected]
Rector’s Warden: Liz Sutherland: 403 601 6952 C
People’s warden: Pat Reid: 403 652 2021
Church office: 403-652-2271 Email: [email protected]
Offerings by e-transfer via [email protected]