We hope you can join in worship for Holy Eucharist, BAS format, at 10:30 am this Sunday. If you feel unwell or are uncomfortable coming to church, please request the Zoom option by calling a warden. Zoom coverage will be available as requested.
Please remember in your prayers:
– the clergy and parishioners of our Diocese
– those who are sick, suffering, fearful or in need, and their caregivers, those feeling isolated and those who are vulnerable
– for peace within our country, and in the world, remembering areas of war, unrest and riots, and asking for wise discernment in our leaders
– the victims of violence and natural disasters;
– those who mourn
– our Indigenous brothers and sisters, especially remembering their hurt and grief at this time;
– refugees, remembering those fleeing the Taliban regime, and war in the Ukraine.
– those who are persecuted and oppressed for their faith in Jesus Christ
The Reverend John Choul will be our preacher this Sunday October 30th. As a young man Rev. John fled the civil war in Southern Sudan and arrived in Canada via the refugee camp system. He was recently ordained and is presently serving at St. Andrew’s in Calgary. Rev. John is a great witness of “faith in adversity”. We will have a light lunch afterwards so folks can chat with Rev. John.
Food Bank: a bin is in the front foyer for collecting items for the local foodbank. Let us support this important ministry for those in need in our community.
Coffee Hour: There is a signup sheet in the Hall if you are able to help out after service. We welcome cookies and/or other items for the freezer for Sundays.
Potluck breakfast: Next date is November 6th, at 9 AM. Come and enjoy potluck breakfast before service.
Prayer Chain: confidential requests are welcome, and updates are appreciated and are of great encouragement. Contact Elaine at [email protected]
Parish Council meeting: moved to Thursday November 17 at 7 pm
Cursillo Weekends: Men’s weekend: October 27th-30th, Women’s weekend Nov. 3rd-6th. Please remember the participants in your prayers.
Check out “From the Prayer Chair” musings by Rev Haydn
Rev Haydn will have office hours this coming week on Wednesday and Friday from approximately 9:30 AM to 2:30 PM. Helen is in the office from 10-12 on Wednesdays.
Please contact the Wardens with any concerns and good news!
Rector: 403 999 4181. [email protected]
Rector’s Warden: Liz Sutherland: 403 601 6952 C
People’s warden: Pat Reid: 403 652 2021
Church office: 403-652-2271 Email: [email protected]
Offerings by e-transfer via [email protected]