For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments; And His commandments are not burdensome. 1 John 5:3
You are invited to join us this Sunday at 10:30 for a service of Morning Prayer. If you are away, or unwell, please join by Zoom.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 580 558 8254 Passcode: Fellowship
Please remember in your prayers:
The Most Rev. Justin Welby, Archbishop of Canterbury;
The Most Rev. Linda Nicholls, Primate of the Anglican Church of Canada;
The Most Rev. Gregory Kerr-Wilson,
Archbishop of the Anglican Diocese of Calgary;
The Rt. Rev. Leopold Friday, Bishop of our Companion Diocese of the Windward Islands;
– This Sunday’s service; that the Holy Spirit will inspire our worship and bless us through God’s Word:
– The Prayer of Jabez: Jabez called upon the God of Israel, saying, “Oh that you would bless me indeed and enlarge my territory, that your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil so that I may not cause pain!” And God granted what he requested. (I Chron. 4:10)
– Those who are sick, suffering, fearful, or in need, and their caregivers, doctors, and nurses:
– To give thanks for those who have died in the peace of Christ, and pray for those who mourn:
– For the poor, the homeless, the disabled, and the needy in our communities, and those who help them:
– For peace within our country, and in the world, remembering the Middle East, the Ukraine, and tensions in the Far East; we pray for areas of unrest and riots, asking for wise discernment in our leaders:
– For the victims of violence and natural disasters, particularly remembering those displaced because of wildfires, floods, hurricanes, and those working to bring relief, such as firefighters and first responders:
– Refugees, remembering those fleeing wars, oppressive regimes and natural disasters:
– Our Indigenous brothers and sisters, and their leaders in our diocese and country:
– Our congregation of St. Benedict’s; that we may stand mature and fully assured in all the will of God. (c.f. Colossians 4:12).
Diocesan Cycle of Prayer:
|October 29, 2023||Christ Church, Fort Macleod
The Rev. Andrew Lees
Calgary School for Discipleship
|St. Andrew with Holy Innocents, St. Giles and
The Ven. Michael Marshall
St. John with St. Mark and
St. Matthew on Grenada
The Rev. Coleridge Brooker, Priest-in-Charge
Our Prayer Chain: Confidential requests are welcome, updates are appreciated and are of great encouragement. Contact Llizabet at [email protected]
Card Ministry: Diane has taken on our card ministry. If you know of a need in our parish for a card, please contact her at 403 652 5679.
We have members of our congregation who will be attending the Women’s Cursillo weekend 2nd -5th November. If you have attended Cursillo in the past and were sponsored by someone else, please consider passing on the blessing. You can donate through the church annotated “Cursillo Sponsorship”.
Foundations for Preaching Course – Beginning November 6
The Calgary School of Discipleship will be offering our Foundations for Preaching course in November and December. The course will run on four Monday evenings (November 6, 13, and 27 & December 11) beginning at 6:30pm via Zoom, and will be led by The Rev. Br. Jason Carroll, The Ven. Dr. Pilar Gateman and Rev. Steve Bateman from St. Augustine, Lethbridge. There will be a cost of $75; help is available if the cost is a problem. This course is available to those seeking Licensing for Lay Ministry as well as anyone who is interested.
This course will provide students with the theological grounding of preaching in Scripture and prayer, education on how to craft and write a good sermon, instruction on good delivery and mechanics of public speaking, and opportunity to discuss the nature and specific challenges of preaching in a modern context. Students will be able to make connections between Scripture and the journey of faith, understand the importance and purpose of preaching in the life of the Christian church and the world, and distinguish appropriately between the office of preaching and the opportunity to express publicly their own private opinion, while being able to incorporate stories from their personal journey of faith in an appropriate manner. For more info contact [email protected]
Coffee hour: Please sign up to help with coffee hour. Donations of muffins and cookies are welcome!
Men’s Cursillo- October 26-29th; Women’s Cursillo- November 2-5th. Please pray for those attending and those working the weekends.
The midweek Communion services will be discontinued pending further consideration
November 5th – All Saints Sunday with Potluck Breakfast at 9:15 am.
November 9th- Parish Council meeting at 7 pm
November 12th – Remembrance Sunday
Rev Haydn will be in the office this week on Wednesday from about 9:30 am to 2 pm.
Church office: 403 652 2271
Please contact the Wardens with any concerns and good news!
Rector: 403 999 4181. [email protected]
Rector’s Warden: Liz Sutherland: 403 601 6952 C
People’s Warden: Pat Reid: 403 652 2021
Offerings by etransfer via [email protected]