We are saved by faith alone,
but the faith that saves is never alone.
We hope you can join in worship at 10:30 am this Sunday.
If you feel unwell or are uncomfortable coming to church, please request the Zoom option by calling a warden. Zoom coverage will be available as requested.
Please remember in your prayers:
– for peace within our country, and in the world, remembering the country of Ukraine, areas of unrest and riots, and asking for wise discernment in our leaders;
– those who are sick, suffering, fearful or in need, and their caregivers, those feeling isolated and those who are vulnerable;
– the Royal Family in their grief, and prayers for strength, wisdom and grace for our new King, Charles;
– those who have died and those who mourn;
– the victims of violence and natural disasters; remembering especially those in the Eastern seaboard recovering from hurricane Fiona;
– our Indigenous brothers and sisters, especially remembering their hurt and grief at this time; hoping we can develop communication and fellowship between us;
– refugees, remembering those fleeing the Taliban regime, and those fleeing war in the Ukraine; we pray for areas of unrest and riots, asking for wise discernment in our leaders;
– those who are persecuted and oppressed for their faith in Jesus Christ
Coffee Hour: There is a signup sheet in the Hall if you are able to help out after service. We welcome cookies and/or other items for the freezer for Sundays.
Prayer and Praise: at Christ Church Millarville, Thursday 7 pm October 27th
Potluck breakfast: is planned for this Sunday October 2 at 9 AM. We hope to resume these on the first Sunday of the month. Come enjoy some fellowship and a good breakfast before service! Next dates would be November 6 and December 4!
Prayer Chain: confidential requests are welcome, and updates are appreciated and are of great encouragement. Contact Elaine at [email protected]
Parish Council Meeting: Re-scheduled for Thursday October 13 at 7 pm.
Cursillo Weekends: coming up this fall. Men’s weekend: October 27th-30th, Women’s weekend Nov. 3rd-6th. Ask Ron Ellard for more details.
Rev Tracy Stagg is offering two opportunities for a ZOOM Pastoral Care Course
Pastoral Care course 2022 Wednesdays – November 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, December 7 and 14. Time- 6:30 pm – 8:45 pm. Deadline to register is October 24 or a full class. Pastoral Care course 2023– Tuesdays – February 14, 21, 28, March 7, 14, 21, 28. The time is 6:30 pm – 8:45 pm. Deadline to register is February 3 or a full class. There will be a minimum of 6 people and a max of 15. Please register with Rev. Tracey– [email protected]
Website: stbenshr.church Check out “From the Prayer Chair” musings by RevHaydn.
Rev Haydn hopes to have office hours this coming week on Wednesday and Friday from approximately 9:30 AM to 2:30 PM. Helen is in the office from 10-12 on Wednesdays.
Please contact the Wardens with any concerns and good news!
Rector: 403 999 4181. [email protected]
Rector’s Warden: Liz Sutherland: 403 601 6952 C
People’s warden: Pat Reid: 403 652 2021
Church office: 403-652-2271 Email: [email protected]
Offerings by e-transfer via [email protected]