Remember that holiness is not the way to Christ,
But Christ is the way to holiness
James H. Aughey
You are invited to join in worship this Sunday at 10:30 am. If you are away or unwell, please join by Zoom.
Sunday service at 10:30 AM
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 580 558 8254 Passcode: Fellowship
Please remember in your prayers:
– the Prayer of Jabez and the Armour of God (Ephesians 6:10-20)
– our congregation of St. Benedict’s and God’s continued guidance for the coming year.
– those who are sick, suffering, fearful or in need, and their caregivers, doctors and nurses:
– for peace within our country, and in the world, remembering the countries of Ukraine and the Middle East; we pray for areas of unrest and riots, asking for wise discernment in our leaders to bring about a lasting peace;
– for those who have died and those who mourn;
– for the poor, the homeless, the disabled, and the needy in our communities, and those who help them;
– the victims of violence and natural disasters, especially the victims of the earthquakes and floods, and those working to bring relief;
– our Indigenous brothers and sisters, and their leaders in our diocese and country;
– refugees, remembering those fleeing those fleeing war in the Ukraine, the Taliban regime, other oppressive regimes, and natural disasters;
Pray for the Prayer Chain: The Prayer Chain are taking on greater responsibility in praying for God’s guidance and Spiritual protection for us all. Confidential requests are welcome, updates are appreciated and are of great encouragement. Contact Llizabet: [email protected]
If we asked parents what they want for their children,
many will respond that they want their child to be happy.
But happiness is one of those things that if we go for it, we actually miss it.
Happiness is not the goal. In the Christian life,
holiness is the goal, and happiness is the consequence,
as we live securely in knowing we are exactly where God wants us to be.
A big thank you to all those who contributed to the Spiritual Warfare workshop last Saturday. It was very much appreciated. It was a good day with a great turnout. And we will look forward to our Healing and Wholeness workshop next fall. Stay tuned!
March 29th – 9:30 am Wednesday HC BCP Service and coffee afterwards
March 23rd – Prayer and Worship, St George’s, Turner Valley, 7 pm.
March 26- final Lenten Soup Lunch after Sunday service
March 29th – Worship Committee meeting … 7 pm.
April 2- Palm Sunday and Pot luck Breakfast at 9 am
April 6- Maundy Thursday– 7 pm service at the Lutheran Church
April 7- Good Friday– 10:30 am service
April 9- Easter Day– Alleluia Christ is Risen!
Check out “From the Prayer Chair” by Rev Haydn
Rev Haydn will be in the office on Wednesday and Friday from approximately 9:30 am to 2 pm.
Please contact the Wardens with any concerns and good news!
Rector: 403 999 4181. [email protected]
Rector’s Warden: Liz Sutherland: 403 601 6952 C
People’s warden: Pat Reid: 403 652 2021