“Angels only care about what you look like on the inside.
A pure heart is the vessel that contains a soul’s true beauty.”
― Molly Friedenfeld
You are invited to join us in worship this Sunday at 10:30 am. If you are away or unwell, please join by Zoom.
Sunday service at 10:30 AM
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 580 558 8254 Passcode: Fellowship
Please remember in your prayers
– the prayer of Jabez
– The Prayer Workshop on Saturday March 18
– our congregation of St. Benedict’s and God’s continued guidance for the coming year.
– those who are sick, suffering, fearful or in need, and their caregivers, doctors and nurses:
– for peace within our country, and in the world, remembering the countries of Ukraine and Iran; we pray for areas of unrest and riots, asking for wise discernment in our leaders to bring about a lasting peace;
– for those who have died and those who mourn;
– for the poor, the homeless, the disabled, and the needy in our communities, and those who help them;
– the victims of violence and natural disasters, especially the victims of the earthquakes in Turkey and Syria, and those working to bring relief;
– our Indigenous brothers and sisters, and their leaders in our diocese and country;
– refugees, remembering those fleeing those fleeing war in the Ukraine, the Taliban regime, and other oppressive regimes;
Pray for the Prayer Chain: The Prayer Chain are taking on greater responsibility in praying for God’s guidance and Spiritual protection for us all. Confidential requests are welcome, updates are appreciated and are of great encouragement. Contact Llizabet: [email protected]
The Calgary Anglican Cursillo Movement
Cursillo (pronounced Kur…See…Yo) is a Spanish word meaning ‘short course’
The full title is Cursillo de Christiandad, meaning a short course in Christian living. Cursillo opens us up to a deeper relationship with Christ and presents a method of Christian living so we can make a difference for Christ in the world around us.
Cursillo is for anyone (including Clergy) who wants to go deeper in their spiritual life through both teaching and personal experience of both Christian community and the Holy Spirit. It is ideal as preparation for leadership and lay ministry in parishes and in the world.
The weekend may be tiring for some and is not for people in a personal crisis. Ron Ellard and Rev. Haydn would be happy to talk to you and arrange sponsorship and registration. Both the men’s and women’s Cursillo weekends will go this spring. The Men’s is April 13-16, and Women’s is April 20-23.
Sundays – Lenten lunch (soup and a bun) after Sunday services throughout Lent
Wednesdays – 9.30 am Service followed by Coffee and Fellowship.
Mar. 23rd – 9:30 am Throughout Lent – Wednesday Service and coffee afterwards
Mar. 17th – 7 pm Set up and music practice for workshop, all welcome
Mar. 18th – “Spiritual Warfare” Workshop. 9:30 am – 3:30 pm. Space is limited.
Register at [email protected] Thanks to those donating muffins!
Mar. 23rd – Thursday, Prayer and Worship, at St George’s, Turner Valley, 7pm.
Mar. 29th – Worship Committee meeting at 7 pm.
Check out “From the Prayer Chair” by Rev Haydn
Rev Haydn will be in the office on Wednesday and Friday from approximately 9:30 am to 2 pm.
Please contact the Wardens with any concerns and good news!
Rector: 403 999 4181. [email protected]
Rector’s Warden: Liz Sutherland: 403 601 6952 C
People’s warden: Pat Reid: 403 652 2021