Without Pentecost, the Christ event- the life death and resurrection of Jesus Christ- remains imprisoned in history as something to remember, think about and reflect on. The Spirit of Jesus comes to dwell within us, so that we can become living Christs here and now. Henri Nouwen
You are invited to join us this Sunday at 10:30. If you are away, or unwell, please join by Zoom. For the summer months Zoom will be available by request. Please call a warden.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 580 558 8254 Passcode: Fellowship
Please remember in your prayers
– This Sunday’s service; that the Holy Spirit will inspire our worship and bless us through God’s Word:
– The Prayer of Jabez: Jabez called upon the God of Israel, saying, “Oh that you would bless me indeed and enlarge my territory, that your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil so that I may not cause pain!” And God granted what he requested. (I Chron. 4:10)
– Our congregation of St. Benedict’s; that we may stand mature and fully assured in all the will of God. (c.f. Colossians 4:12):
– Those who are sick, suffering, fearful, or in need, and their caregivers, doctors, and nurses:
– For peace within our country, and in the world, remembering the Ukraine the Middle East and tensions in the Far East; we pray for areas of unrest and riots, asking for wise discernment in our leaders to bring about a lasting peace:
– Give thanks for those who have died in the peace of Christ and those who mourn:
– For the poor, the homeless, the disabled, and the needy in our communities, and those who help them:
– For the victims of violence and natural disasters, and those working to bring relief:
– Refugees, remembering those fleeing wars, oppressive regimes and natural disasters.
– Our Indigenous brothers and sisters, and their leaders in our diocese and country: remembering the National Indigenous Day of Prayer June 21.
Creator God, from you every family in heaven and earth takes its name.
You have rooted and grounded us in your covenant love, and empowered us by your Spirit to speak the truth in love, and to walk in your way towards justice and wholeness.
Mercifully grant that your people, journeying together in partnership may be strengthened and guided to help one another to grow into the full stature of Christ, who is our light and our life. Amen
Pray for the Prayer Chain: The Prayer Chain is taking on greater responsibility in praying for God’s guidance and Spiritual protection for us all. Confidential requests are welcome, updates are appreciated and are of great encouragement. Contact Elaine [email protected] until the end of June.
Nominations– If you are interested on serving on a diocesan committee, please let Rev Haydn know. Synod nominations are needed for a clergy and lay representatives for diocesan council, from each deanery, so 4 names total are needed for our combined clericus, along with youth members to be nominated. Diocesan Council meets monthly September to June and oversees the operation of the Diocese between synods.
Coffee hour: Please sign up to help with coffee hour! Donations of muffins and cookies are welcome!
June 15th – 6 pm Parish Council and spouses. Potluck at the Reids
June 17th -Healing Team Training 9:30 am – 1ish. Open to anyone interested – Let Helen know if you wish to attend 403 652-2271 or [email protected]
June 21st – 9:30 am Holy Communion- last one for June is the 28th. No Wednesday service through July and August.
This Summer: Our gardens and yards are opportunities for volunteering. Many thanks to the crew who fix things, water the grounds, weed the garden and mow the yard. If you would like to help, contact Helen in the office and she can put you in touch with the folks in the know!
Check out “From the Prayer Chair” by Rev. Haydn
Rev. Haydn will be in the office on Wednesday and Friday from approximately 9:30 am to 2 pm.
Donations by etransfer via [email protected]
Please contact the Wardens with any concerns and good news!
Rector: 403 999 4181. [email protected]
Rector’s Warden: Liz Sutherland: 403 601 6952 C
People’s Warden: Pat Reid: 403 652 2021