“The Spirit is as operative today in communicating the gospel
to all who seek the truth as it was on the day of Pentecost anciently.”
– Joseph B. Wirthlin
You are invited to join us this Sunday at 10:30. If you are away, or unwell, please join by Zoom. For the summer months Zoom will be available by request. Please call a warden.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 580 558 8254 Passcode: Fellowship
Please remember in your prayers
– This Sunday’s service; that the Holy Spirit will inspire our worship and bless us through God’s Word:
– The Prayer of Jabez: Jabez called upon the God of Israel, saying, “Oh that you would bless me indeed and enlarge my territory, that your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil so that I may not cause pain!” And God granted what he requested. (I Chron. 4:10)
– Our congregation of St. Benedict’s; that we may stand mature and fully assured in all the will of God. (c.f. Colossians 4:12):
– Those who are sick, suffering, fearful, or in need, and their caregivers, doctors, and nurses:
– For peace within our country, and in the world, remembering the Ukraine the Middle East and tensions in the Far East; we pray for areas of unrest and riots, asking for wise discernment in our leaders to bring about a lasting peace:
– Give thanks for those who have died in the peace of Christ and those who mourn:
– For the poor, the homeless, the disabled, and the needy in our communities, and those who help them:
– For the victims of violence and natural disasters, and those working to bring relief:
– Our Indigenous brothers and sisters, and their leaders in our diocese and country: remembering the National Indigenous Day of Prayer June 21.
– Refugees, remembering those fleeing wars, oppressive regimes and natural disasters.
Pray for the Prayer Chain: The Prayer Chain is taking on greater responsibility in praying for God’s guidance and Spiritual protection for us all. Confidential requests are welcome, updates are appreciated and are of great encouragement. Contact, Llizabet: [email protected]
Coffee hour: Sign up to help with coffee hour, and donations of muffins and cookies are welcome!
“Everything that breathes, breathes by air and cannot live without air;
similarly all reasonable free creatures live by the Holy Spirit, as though by air, and cannot live without Him.
“Every soul is quickened by the Holy Spirit.”
Recognise that the Holy Spirit stands in the same relation to your soul as air stands in relation to your body.”
June 14th –Wednesday morning 9:30 am Holy Communion followed by coffee and fellowship. Wednesday Services continue through June.
June 15th – 6 pm Parish Council Meeting at the Reids- 400 8th St SW (Potluck supper- please call Pat to RSVP)
June 17th -Healing Team Training 9:30 am – 1ish. Open to anyone interested – Let Helen know if you wish to attend 403 652-2271 or [email protected]
Check out “From the Prayer Chair” by Rev. Haydn
Rev. Haydn will be in the office on Wednesday and Fridays from approximately 9:30 am to 2 pm.
Please contact the Wardens with any concerns and good news!
Rector: 403 999 4181. [email protected]
Rector’s Warden: Liz Sutherland: 403 601 6952 C
People’s Warden: Pat Reid: 403 652 2021