“A generous prayer is never presented in vain;
the petition may be refused,
but the petitioner is always, I believe,
rewarded by some gracious visitation.”
Robert Louis Stevenson
You are invited to join us this Sunday at 10:30. If you are away, or unwell, please join by Zoom. Please call a warden.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 580 558 8254 Passcode: Fellowship
Please remember in your prayers:
– This Sunday’s service; that the Holy Spirit will inspire our worship and bless us through God’s Word;
– The Prayer of Jabez: “Jabez called upon the God of Israel, saying, “Oh that you would bless me indeed and enlarge my territory, that your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil so that I may not cause pain!” And God granted him what he requested.” (1 Chron. 4:10)
– our congregation of St. Benedict’s; “that we may stand mature and fully assured in the will of God.” (Colossians 4:12);
– peace within our country, and in the world, for victims of violence and natural disasters, and for areas of unrest and riots. We ask for wise discernment in our leaders;
– those who are sick, suffering, isolated or in need.
– those who have died and those who mourn;
– the poor, the homeless, and the needy in our communities;
– our Indigenous brothers and sisters, and their leaders in our diocese and country;
– those experiencing loss from the tornado on Saturday in the Didsbury/Carstairs area;
– the parish of St. Andrew, Lac La Biche, cleaning up after the fire in their church building;
– refugees, remembering those fleeing regimes around the world, and those fleeing war in the Ukraine.
The Prayer Chain: Confidential requests are welcome, updates are appreciated and are of great encouragement. Contact Llizabet at [email protected]
The Anglican Fellowship of Prayer (Canada) exists to encourage and enable the ministry of prayer in Canada. It is inclusive of all forms of expressions of Christian church life, whether they be lay or clerical, catholic or evangelical, monastic or secular, formal or informal. AFP (Canada) seeks to be a reaching resource to assist both individuals and congregations to grow in the life of prayer. It seeks to increase and strengthen the companionship of Christian prayer throughout the world.
“From the rising of the sun to its setting, the name of the Lord is to be praised.” Psalm 113:3
Anglican Fellowship of Prayer (Canada)
Po Box 43021, London, ON N6J 0A7
Are there kids in your family who need some fun this summer? St. Barnabas, Calgary is hosting a Summer Drama Camp from Monday, August 14 to Friday, August 18. Taught by theatre professionals from Fire Exit Theatre, this all-day camp for 8-12 year olds will give an overview of theatre arts through instruction, crafts and games, and together campers will write and perform a play for the final day of camp. Lunch and snacks are provided. The camp is fully subsidized; there is a $20 registration fee. Contact [email protected] by July 15th.
July 15th and 16th– Christ Church Millarville Flower Festival
July 30th -Sunday Service with Prayer for Healing
Plan ahead: Fall 2023
September 10- Archbishop Greg to preach, followed by Welcome Back potluck lunch
September 30th -Healing and Wholeness Workshop; at St. Benedict’s
October 26th -29th– Men’s Cursillo Weekend
November 2nd -5th– Women’s Cursillo Weekend
Coffee hour: Please sign up to help with coffee hour. Donations of muffins and cookies are welcome!
Stamps!- Do you save postage stamps? Good Shepherd Lutheran now collects them for a good cause. See the info sheet on the hall bulletin board.
Summer reading suggestion: Francis MacNutt, The Healing Reawakening, Chosen Books. Available through Amazon. I found it encouraging, inspirational and educational. MacNutt’s style is very readable. – Haydn
This summer: Our gardens and yards are opportunities for volunteering. Many thanks to the folks who fix things, water the trees, weed the gardens and mow the yard. If you would like to help, contact Helen in the office and she can put you in touch with those in the know.
Check out “From the Prayer Chair” by Rev. Haydn
Rev. Haydn will be in the office on Wednesday and Fridays from approximately 9:30 am to 2 pm.
Donations by etransfer via [email protected]
Please contact the Wardens with any concerns and good news!
Rector: 403 999 4181. [email protected]
Rector’s Warden: Liz Sutherland: 403 601 6952 C
People’s Warden: Pat Reid: 403 652 2021