Without Pentecost the Christ event
– the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus –
remains imprisoned in history as something to remember,
think about and reflect on.
The Spirit of Jesus comes to dwell within us,
so that we can become living Christs here and now
You are invited to join us this Sunday at 10:30. If you are away, or unwell, please join by Zoom.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 580 558 8254 Passcode: Fellowship
Please remember in your prayers:
– This Sunday’s service; that the Holy Spirit will inspire our worship and bless us through God’s Word:
– The Prayer of Jabez: Jabez called upon the God of Israel, saying, “Oh that you would bless me indeed and enlarge my territory, that your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil so that I may not cause pain!” And God granted what he requested. (1 Chronicles 4:10)
– Our congregation of St. Benedict’s; that we may stand mature and fully assured in all the will of God. (c.f. Colossians 4:12):
– Those who are sick, suffering, fearful, or in need, and their caregivers, doctors, and nurses:
– For peace within our country, and in the world, remembering the Ukraine, the Middle East and tensions in the Far East; we pray for areas of unrest and riots, asking for wise discernment in our leaders to bring about a lasting peace:
– Give thanks for those who have died in the peace of Christ, particularly remembering our friend and sister Lois Long who left us for heaven this week, and those who mourn:
– For the poor, the homeless, the disabled, and the needy in our communities, and those who help them:
– For the victims of violence and natural disasters, and those working to bring relief:
– Refugees, remembering those fleeing wars, oppressive regimes and natural disasters.
– Our Indigenous brothers and sisters, and their leaders in our diocese and country.
– Pray for General Synod meetings this weekend in Calgary, for God’s wisdom and guidance to prevail in their deliberations!
Prayer Chain: Confidential requests are welcome, updates are appreciated and are of great encouragement. Contact Elaine [email protected] until the end of June.
Nominations– If you are interested on serving on a Diocesan Committee, please let Rev Haydn know. Synod needs nominations and they are required for clergy and lay representatives for Diocesan Council, from each Deanery, so 4 names total are needed our combined clericus, along with youth members to be nominated. Diocesan Council meets monthly September to June and oversees the operation of the Diocese between synods.
Missional Minute (from our Diocesan Newsletter)
I love ice cream. It is one of my great joys in life. On a recent road trip, I had the chance to visit several independent ice cream shops. As I stood in line, it was hard to choose from the myriad of flavors, both simple and inventive.
Our Christian walk is like ice cream. There are a multitude of expressions of faith and how we prefer to worship. No two parishes are alike; no two parishioners think identically. Whether we’re Rocky Road or smooth Vanilla, three scoops in a waffle cone with sprinkles or a single scoop in a paper cup, we all come before our Lord to love and serve Him, with the gifts He has given us and taking on the outreach He has set before us. God loves us all in our uniqueness.
Let us go out into the world to serve Him, bringing flavor and sweetness to all we encounter.
Are there kids in your family who need some fun this summer? St. Barnabas, Calgary is hosting a Summer Drama Camp from Monday, August 14 to Friday, August 18. Taught by theatre professionals from Fire Exit Theatre, this all-day camp for 8-12 year olds will give an overview of theatre arts through instruction, crafts and games, and together campers will write and perform a play for the final day of camp. Lunch and snacks are provided. The camp is fully subsidized; there is a $20 registration fee.
Coffee hour: Please sign up to help with coffee hour! Donations of muffins and cookies are welcome!
July 1st–The church will be open between 10am-2pm for visitors attending the Canada Day celebrations. Feel free to drop by and chat with folks!
July 30th -Sunday Service with Prayer for Healing
Plan ahead: Fall 2023, Men’s Cursillo; October 26-29th. Women’s Cursillo; November 2nd-5th.
This Summer: Our gardens and yards are opportunities for volunteering. Many thanks to the individuals who fix things, water the trees, weed the gardens and mow the yard. If you would like to help, contact Helen in the office and she can put you in touch with the folks in the know!
Check out “From the Prayer Chair” by Rev. Haydn
Rev. Haydn will be in the office on Wednesday and Fridays from approximately 9:30 am to 2 pm.
Donations by etransfer via [email protected]
Please contact the Wardens with any concerns and good news!
Rector: 403 999 4181. [email protected]
Rector’s Warden: Liz Sutherland: 403 601 6952 C
People’s Warden: Pat Reid: 403 652 2021