Please remember in your prayers:
– the clergy and parishioners of our Diocese over the summer months – for safe travels, and refreshment and rest;
– those who are sick, suffering, fearful or in need, remembering those suffering from COVID-19 and their caregivers, those feeling isolated and those who are vulnerable;
– for peace within our country, and in the world, remembering the country of Ukraine, areas of unrest and riots, and asking for wise discernment in our leaders;
– those who have died and those who mourn;
– the victims of violence and natural disasters;
– our Indigenous brothers and sisters, especially remembering their hurt and grief at this time;
– refugees, remembering those fleeing the Taliban regime, and those fleeing war in the Ukraine.
Prayer for Peace:
Oh God, it is your will to hold both heaven and earth in a single peace.
Let the design of your great love shine on the waste of our wraths and sorrows,
and give peace to your Church, peace among nations,
peace in our homes, and peace in our hearts;
through your Son Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen (BAS) pg 677
We hope you can join us in worship for Morning Prayer BAS format, at 10:30 am this Sunday. As Rev Haydn is on holiday this week, Ron Ellard will be leading the service.
If you feel unwell or are uncomfortable coming to church, please request the Zoom option by calling a warden. For the months of July and August, Zoom coverage will be available as requested.
Coffee Hour: There is a signup sheet in the Hall if you are able to help out after service.
Parish Council Meeting: Next scheduled for Tuesday September 13th at 7 pm.
Prayer Chain requests are welcome, and updates are appreciated and of great encouragement. Contact Elaine at [email protected]
Finances– Our Church expenses do continue over the summer months, even when you are away! Please consider continuing your offerings over this time. Treasurer John Reid can help if you wish to arrange automatic withdrawals. E-transfer is also available.
Accommodation: Noah Wahrlstrom of an Evangelical Mission in SK is looking for a house or apartment rental in High River, for 6 months- 1 year from September for 2 people. If you can help or need more details, his number is 306 960 4970
Rev Haydn will have office hours at the church next Wednesday and Friday from approximately 9:30 AM to 2:30 PM. Helen is in the office from 10-12 on Wednesdays.
Please contact the Wardens with any concerns and good news!
Rector’s Warden: Liz Sutherland: 403 601 6952 C
People’s warden: Pat Reid: 403 652 2021
Church office: 403-652-2271 Email: [email protected]
Offerings by e-transfer via [email protected]