For by gold the power of a king is signified, by frankincense the honor of God,
by myrrh the burial of the body;
and accordingly they offer Him
gold as King, frankincense as God, myrrh as Man.
— St John Chrysostom
Wishing you and yours a very Happy New Year! As we look forward to all the possibilities of 2023, let us pray for God’s renewal of our Church and our world. May it begin with you and me. Sunday service is at 10:30 AM with improved ZOOM coverage.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 580 558 8254 Passcode: Fellowship
Please remember in your prayers:
– those who are sick, suffering, fearful or in need, remembering those suffering from COVID-19 and their caregivers, doctors and nurses:
– for peace within our country, and in the world, remembering the countries of Ukraine and Iran; we pray for areas of unrest and riots, asking for wise discernment in our leaders;
– for those who have died and those who mourn;
– for the poor, the homeless, and the needy in our communities;
– the victims of violence and natural disasters;
– our Indigenous brothers and sisters, and their leaders in our diocese and country;
– refugees, remembering those fleeing the Taliban regime, and those fleeing war in the Ukraine.
Prayer Chain: confidential requests are welcome, and updates are appreciated and are of great encouragement. Contact Elaine at [email protected]
Wise Men still seek Jesus
Jan 8th -St Benedict’s Potluck Breakfast, 9 am. Invite a friend!
Jan. 19th –Parish Council Meeting, 7 pm
Jan. 26th – Christ Church, Millarville. Prayer and Worship, 7 pm. All Welcome
Check out “From the Prayer Chair” by Rev Haydn
Rev Haydn will be in the office on Wednesday and Friday from about 9:30 am to 2 pm.
Please contact the Wardens with any concerns and good news!
Rector: 403 999 4181. [email protected]
Rector’s Warden: Liz Sutherland: 403 601 6952 C
People’s warden: Pat Reid: 403 652 2021