Holiness is not to love Jesus and do whatever you want.
Holiness is to love God and do what He wants.
You are invited to join us this Sunday at 10:30. If you are away or unwell, please join by Zoom. And if you can, stay for Lenten Lunch in the Church Hall, suggested donation of $5 toward the local Foodbank.
Sunday service at 10:30 AM
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 580 558 8254 Passcode: Fellowship
Envision: The corporation and parish council have been encouraged by your feedback to the Envision questions. We are taking on the responsibility of praying about our responses and discerning where God will be leading us in the coming months and year. Thank you.
Please remember in your prayers:
– The Prayer of Jabez.
– our congregation of St. Benedict’s and the coming year.
– those who are sick, suffering, fearful or in need, remembering those suffering from COVID-19 and their caregivers, doctors and nurses:
– for peace within our country, and in the world, remembering the countries of Ukraine and Iran; we pray for areas of unrest and riots, asking for wise discernment in our leaders;
– for those who have died and those who mourn;
– for the poor, the homeless, and the needy in our communities, and those who help them;
– the victims of violence and natural disasters, especially the victims of earthquakes in Turkey and Syria, and those working to bring relief;
– our Indigenous brothers and sisters, and their leaders in our diocese and country;
– refugees, remembering those fleeing those fleeing war in the Ukraine, the Taliban regime, and other oppressive regimes;
Prayer Chain: confidential requests are welcome, updates are appreciated. Contact Elaine at [email protected]
Lent (Latin: Quadragesima ‘Fortieth’) is a solemn religious observance in the liturgical calendar commemorating the 40 days Jesus spent fasting in the desert and enduring temptation by Satan, according to the Gospels of Matthew, Mark and Luke, before beginning his public ministry.
Wednesdays starting March 1st– 9:30 am Service followed by Coffee and Fellowship.
Feb 26th – Lenten lunch (soup and a bun) after Sunday services throughout Lent – suggested donation of $5.oo which will go to the local Foodbank
Mar. 1st – Wednesday Services at 9:30 am, throughout Lent
Mar. 17th – Set up and music practice for workshop, 7 pm, all welcome
Mar. 18th – “Spiritual Warfare” Workshop. 9:30 am – 3:30pm. Space is limited. Please register at [email protected]
Mar. 23rd- Prayer and worship at Christ Church Millarville at 7 pm
Check out “From the Prayer Chair” by Rev Haydn
Rev Haydn will be in the office on Wednesday and Friday from about 9:30 am to 2 pm. Church Office 403 652 2271.
Please contact the Wardens with any concerns and good news!
Rector: 403 999 4181. [email protected]
Rector’s Warden: Liz Sutherland: 403 601 6952 C
People’s warden: Pat Reid: 403 652 2021