Just as love is a verb, so is faith.
Nannie Helen Burroughs
You are invited to join us this Sunday at 10:30. Guest celebrant and Preacher will be the Rev Gerry Skeet. If you are away, or unwell, please join by Zoom.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 580 558 8254 Passcode: Fellowship
Please remember in your prayers:
– This Sunday’s service; that the Holy Spirit will inspire our worship and bless us through God’s Word:
– The Prayer of Jabez: Jabez called upon the God of Israel, saying, “Oh that you would bless me indeed and enlarge my territory, that your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil so that I may not cause pain!” And God granted what he requested. (I Chron. 4:10)
– Our congregation of St. Benedict’s; that we may stand mature and fully assured in all the will of God. (c.f. Colossians 4:12):
– Those who are sick, suffering, fearful, or in need, and their caregivers, doctors, and nurses:
– For peace within our country, and in the world, remembering the Ukraine, the Middle East and tensions in the Far East; we pray for areas of unrest and riots, asking for wise discernment in our leaders:
– Give thanks for those who have died in the peace of Christ and pray for those who mourn:
– For the poor, the homeless, the disabled, and the needy in our communities, and those who help them:
– For the victims of violence and natural disasters, paricularly remembering those displaced because of wildfires, and those working to bring relief, such as firefighters and first responders:
– Refugees, remembering those fleeing wars, oppressive regimes and natural disasters:
– Our Indigenous brothers and sisters, and their leaders in our diocese and country.
Pray for the Prayer Chain: The Prayer Chain is taking on greater responsibility in praying for God’s guidance and Spiritual protection for us all. Confidential requests are welcome, updates are appreciated and are of great encouragement. Contact Llizabet at [email protected]
Nominations– The upcoming Diocesan Synod will need a nomination for a lay representative for Diocesan Council, from High River Deanery. A youth delegate will also be nominated. Diocesan Council meets monthly September to June and oversees the operation of the Diocese between synods. Please let Rev Haydn know.
Coffee hour: Please sign up to help with coffee hour. Donations of muffins and cookies are welcome!
Plan ahead: Fall 2023
September 10th – Archbishop Greg will join us! Welcome back Potluck Lunch to follow
September 30th -Healing and Wholeness Workshop – at St. Benedict’s . Please register with the office.
October 1- Potluck Breakfast- 9:15 am
Men’s Cursillo– October 26-29th; Women’s Cursillo– November 2nd-5th
Rev. Haydn will be on vacation August 14th – 18th
This Summer: Our gardens and yards are opportunities for volunteering. Many thanks to the individuals who fix things, water the trees, weed the gardens and mow the yard. A large poplar tree has been taken down at the corner. Please help yourself to the wood.
Check out “From the Prayer Chair” by Rev. Haydn
Church office: 403 652 2271
Please contact the Wardens with any concerns and good news!
Rector: 403 999 4181. [email protected]
Rector’s Warden: Liz Sutherland: 403 601 6952 C
People’s Warden: Pat Reid: 403 652 2021
Donations by etransfer via [email protected]
An Appeal on Behalf of Shumaila Robin and Her Children
Our diocese is reaching out to spread the word about a Christian mom and her two teenaged children currently living in Pakistan who need our help. Her husband and father, both clerics in the Anglican Church in Peshawar, were killed on two separate occasions by extremists, one in a terrorist bombing of the church and the other gunned down after he left the church after Sunday worship. Because they were Christians.
We are working to get the mom and kids to Canada where they may be safe, as they have been living in jeopardy. The mother qualifies for a new Government of Canada work program which requires a form of sponsorship. We need everyone’s help to spread the word. Please check out the Diocesan Newsletter for the week of 7th August to learn how you may possibly assist.