For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord,
“plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
We hope you can join in worship for Holy Eucharist, BAS format, at 10:30 am this Sunday.
If you feel unwell or are uncomfortable coming to church, please request the Zoom option by calling a warden. For the months of July and August, Zoom coverage will be available as requested.
Please remember in your prayers:
– the clergy and parishioners of our Diocese over the summer months – for safe travels, and refreshment and rest;
– those who are sick, suffering, fearful or in need, remembering those suffering from COVID-19 and their caregivers, those feeling isolated and those who are vulnerable;
– for peace within our country, and in the world, remembering the country of Ukraine, areas of unrest and riots, and asking for wise discernment in our leaders;
– those who have died and those who mourn;
– the victims of violence and natural disasters;
– our Indigenous brothers and sisters, especially remembering their hurt and grief at this time;
– refugees, remembering those fleeing the Taliban regime, and those fleeing war in the Ukraine.
– those who are persecuted and oppressed for their faith in Jesus Christ
– Megan Short and Lyndon Deane who are being married Saturday August 20th at St Benedict’s. May God bless your day and your life together.
Why? and How?
A workshop on Prayer
Led by the Rev Martyn Alvey
Saturday, Sept 17th from 10 am to 3:30 pm
At St Benedict’s Church
Save the Date: the Rev Sean Devlin will be our guest preacher on September 11, 2022, after which a potluck lunch is planned!
Coffee Hour: There is a signup sheet in the Hall if you are able to help out after service.
Prayer and Praise: at Christ Church Millarville, Thursday 7 pm August 25.
Prayer workshop: Mark your calendars for Saturday September 17th. We are hosting a Workshop on Prayer here at the church and would love you to come!
Custodial Position: After a number of years of service, Dave Tease has decided to relinquish his job as our custodian. We thank Dave so very much for all the effort he has put in keeping our building clean and tidy over the years. If you know of anyone interested in taking on the part-time work, please contact Liz or Pat.
Prayer Chain: confidential requests are welcome, and updates are appreciated and are of great encouragement. Contact Elaine at [email protected]
Accommodation: Noah Wahrlstrom and his fiancé Naomi are still looking for a house or apartment rental in High River, for 6 months- I year from September. If you can help or need more details, his number is 306 960 4970.
Parish Council Meeting: Next scheduled for Tuesday September 13th at 7 pm.
Calgary School of Discipleship
Is offering a fall course:
Tuesdays Sept 6- Nov 8, 2022 4-5 pm via ZOOM
Course: The Interpretation of Scriptures for Lay Ministry and Licensing
Lead by the Rev. Oz Lorentzen
For more info or to sign up contact Barbara LaBreque
Rev Haydn will have office hours this week on Wednesday and Friday from approximately 9:30 AM to 2:30 PM. Helen is in the office from 10-12 on Wednesdays.
Check out “From the Prayer Chair” musings by Rev Haydn
Please contact the Wardens with any concerns and good news!
Rector: 403 999 4181. [email protected]
Rector’s Warden: Liz Sutherland: 403 601 6952 C
People’s warden: Pat Reid: 403 652 2021
Church office: 403-652-2271 Email: [email protected]
Offerings by e-transfer via [email protected]
Do not ask God to guide your footsteps
If you’re not willing to move your feet.