Service of Anointing for Healing
Fear imprisons, faith liberates; fear paralyzes, faith empowers;
fear disheartens, faith encourages; fear sickens, faith heals;
fear makes useless, faith makes serviceable.
– Harry Emerson Fosdick
You are invited to join us this Sunday at 10:30. If you are away, or likely to infect others, please join by Zoom.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 580 558 8254 Passcode: Fellowship
Please remember in your prayers:
– The upcoming Healing Service; that the Lord will minister to those who come forward for anointing.
– the Prayer of Jabez: Jabez called upon the God of Israel, saying, “Oh that you would bless me indeed and enlarge my territory, that your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil so that I may not cause pain!” And God granted what he requested. (I Chron. 4:10)
– our congregation of St. Benedict’s and God’s continued guidance for the coming year.
– those who are sick, suffering, fearful or in need, and their caregivers, doctors and nurses:
– for peace within our country, and in the world, remembering the Ukraine and the Middle East; we pray for areas of unrest and riots, asking for wise discernment in our leaders to bring about a lasting peace;
– for those who have died and those who mourn;
– for the poor, the homeless, the disabled, and the needy in our communities, and those who help them;
– the victims of violence and natural disasters, and those working to bring relief;
– our Indigenous brothers and sisters, and their leaders in our diocese and country;
– refugees, remembering those fleeing those fleeing wars, oppressive regimes and natural disasters.
Pray for the Prayer Chain: The Prayer Chain are taking on greater responsibility in praying for God’s guidance and Spiritual protection for us all. Confidential requests are welcome, updates are appreciated and are of great encouragement. Contact Llizabet: [email protected]
An Invitation from the Diocese:
The entire Diocesan Staff is coming out to St Peter’s in Okotoks on Saturday May 13 from 9:30 am to 2 pm. All Wardens, Treasurers, Lay ministers and others are most welcome. Staff will all be there to share how our roles facilitate ministry in parishes and for any questions you may have. We are all looking forward to meeting you!
Please advise the parish of your attendance to help us with lunch, which will be provided. Can’t wait to see you all there.
April 27th -Prayer and Worship, at St Georges Turner Valley, 7 pm
April 30th -Healing Service 10:30 am
May 3rd – Wednesday Service at 9:30 am
May 6th – ‘Coronation Tea’ 2-4 pm at St Benedict’s
May 7th – Potluck Breakfast 9:00 am
May 11th – Parish Council Meeting at 7 pm
May 20th – Little Britches Parade- come watch the parade beside the church! 10 am
Check out “From the Prayer Chair” by Rev. Haydn
Rev. Haydn will be in the office on Wednesday and Fridays from approximately 9:30 am to 2 pm.
Please contact the Wardens with any concerns and good news!
Rector: 403 999 4181. [email protected]
Rector’s Warden: Liz Sutherland: 403 601 6952 C
People’s Warden: Pat Reid: 403 652 2021